The Season of Giving has arrived! Last year at this time, we put together a list of charitable organizations “on the ground” in Napa and Sonoma, supporting the local wine industry and its communities. Many found that list helpful, so we are repeating our effort this year.
We are also including a few holiday gifting ideas as well (in addition to wine, of course) that also help to support the community.
As you shop for the season please keep these in mind, and join us in giving generously!
Gift Ideas to Support Wine Country
Naturally, purchasing wines from Napa and Sonoma will help the community, as will shopping local in these areas. Here are some additional idea to help support wine country:
- The Essential Napa Valley Cookbook (website)
- The Vine Trail Vintner Collection (website). A cross-winery wine collection showcasing Napa Valley’s history, and benefitting the Napa Valley Vine Trail.
Charitable Organizations in Wine Country
These organizations vary from specific funds for COVID relief and animal rescue to more expansive education and service organizations.
- Napa Valley Education Foundation (website)
- Sonoma Community Foundation (website)
- Napa Valley Community Foundation (website)
- PLUS-1 COVID Relief Fund (website)
- Napa Valley COAD (website)
- Sonoma County Grapegrowers Foundation (website)
- Restaurant Workers’ Community Foundation (website)
- La Luz in Sonoma (website)
- Jameson Animal Rescue Ranch (website)
- Napa Community Animal Response Team (CART) (website)
- Napa Humane (website)
- Sonoma Community Animal Response Team (CART) (website)
- California Fire Foundation (website)
Thank you to everybody for buying Sonoma and Napa wines, and supporting these local charitable organizations!